Chemicals that can cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other serious health issues are not banned in the United States from the skin care and color cosmetic products that people use every day, day after day, and companies are free to make their own judgments about safety. Cosmetics are just one route of exposure to toxic chemicals, but it is one that Beautycounter can do something about. Our team researches the safety of each potential ingredient to ensure that we’re making the safest high-performing products that we can. Learn more about Beautycounter's commitment to safety here.
Articles in this section
- Packaging Collection Program - Plastic Free July
- Is Aluminum safe to use in packaging?
- What is your policy on heavy metals?
- What if a potentially harmful ingredient isn’t on The Never List™ ?
- Are your products safe for use during pregnancy and nursing?
- What about those extra ingredient-like fragrances and dyes?
- Are all chemicals bad?
- Why do you talk about transparency and ingredient disclosure?
- What are the government’s current laws regarding safety?
- Does Beautycounter test every ingredient?