It’s important to note that chemicals across the board are not bad for us. Our body is made up of chemicals, and so is everything else, including food and water. Toxic chemicals are bad for us. Toxic means that the chemicals can harm cells or organs, cause neurological damage, and/or alter important biological systems (like the endocrine system, which regulates our hormones).
Articles in this section
- What is your policy on heavy metals?
- What if a potentially harmful ingredient isn’t on The Never List™ ?
- Are your products safe for use during pregnancy and nursing?
- What about those extra ingredient-like fragrances and dyes?
- Are all chemicals bad?
- Why do you talk about transparency and ingredient disclosure?
- What are the government’s current laws regarding safety?
- Does Beautycounter test every ingredient?
- Why does Beautycounter talk so much about safety?